Snow(more like Ice) Days

“DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, ALL SCHOOLS WILL BE CLOSED TODAY.” For some, that means anything from joy to salvation from some upcoming test. To me, it’s one of the worst days of the year. I really despise snow(well, more like ice) days.

For one thing, they can really screw up the school schedule. For example, an upcoming test can be rescheduled a billion times. While that can be beneficial if it’s like a test that you still need to study for, in other cases, like that science test in which I felt confident I knew everything about it, it was really annoying. Also, I’m pretty sure if you were looking forward to something in school, whatever it may be, I don’t think you’d like to have that rescheduled 10 quadrillion times.

Second of all, is the worst part(get ready)– WE HAVE TO TAKE A REPLACEMENT DAY! It isn’t an extra day off, it’s more like “We decided to celebrate the school-off day from President’s Day right now. When President’s Day does roll around, you’ll have to go to school. Too bad for you!” Ugh. Subsequently, the replacement days are probably going to mess up someone’s summer schedule plan, as we have to take an extra day of school in June! I’m pretty sure barely anyone will show up for that replacement day.

Although we could have a ton of other discussions on this, such as “Why don’t we give our school buses some better tires,” or “Why don’t we find some way to deal with some tiny patch of ice instead freaking out about it,” let’s keep everything simple by just saying that I really really really don’t like snow days, and loathe the replacement days more.

3 thoughts on “Snow(more like Ice) Days

1. Love your hyperbole in this: 10 quadrillion times!

I confess I enjoy the snow days, even though it means make-up days. On snow days, I give myself permission to rest and read and just hang out with my family, whereas a good portion of regular weekend days off are spent on homework and lesson plans!