Why I Hate Pep Rallies

Welcome to the XXXth West Ridge Pep Rally! Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah…..” I sat on the bleachers, brain cells dying every nanosecond as I listened to all the noise and people droning on. Really, is there a good point to these? I hate pep rallies so much!

First of all, pep rallies are loud. Extremely loud. All that yelling and screaming really hurts my ears, and the band playing(no offence intended), microphone mishaps, along with a billion other sounds combine to make one painful cacophony. I’d much rather listen to a jet engine roaring as the aircraft soars into the sky, and after a pep rally, I have to spend a few minutes trying to restore my hearing as it was before this horrid event.

As well as being ear-shattering loud, the second reason I dislike them is probably my main reason-they’re too boring. I’m not really THAT interested in how our school’s doing in football or something like that, nor do I really care that much about the competitions in them-well, to be fair, they can be mildly amusing at times, so it is a minute positive. Besides that though, there’s not really anything that I’m interested in, which, perception wise, stretches the pep rally out longer than it should be.

Last of all, pep rallies are time-consuming. Tying in with the boredom reason and perception distortion, it also stretches out the time immensely: five minutes can feel like twenty. The other main issue is that there’s no advisory-meaning less time to do homework, or in mine and several other peoples’ cases, no UIL meeting. While sacrificing something educational like how to find the energy generated by a collision of a gram of matter and antimatter or something like that, no one likes having less time to do the form of torture that should be banned by the Geneva Convention: homework.

All in all, I simply just don’t like pep rallies, even though you get to miss like forty-five minutes of school. They may be a good place to chat with friends and build school spirit, but for me, they aren’t that amazing and are a waste of time.

3 thoughts on “Why I Hate Pep Rallies

1. I hate pep rallies just as much as you do. I can never focus on what’s going because nothing interesting is going on. The only I can’t ignore is the loud noise. I would rather go to Wildcat Time than to a pep rally.

2. Lol, I think pep rallies are pretty annoying too. But, we(the band) gets to play at those pep rallies and it’s really fun because it’s probably the only time we are allowed to mess around with our instruments. Unfortunately, the last pep rally, I forgot my lyre(the thing you use to hold your music) so I had to share one, painfully. What I’m trying to say is, I agree that peep rallies are annoying(a bit). By the way, the vocabulary you are using is great!

3. I completely agree with you, pep rally’s are pointless and stupid! That god awful noise they make also damages my ears. They ring for houses after I have to go to a pep rally!