Why iPads are Awesome

“Yes, I finally completed this course under par!” I yelled in victory. “Good morning, class, take out your iPads, we’ll be doing our warm-up on our iPad.” Yaaay, I thought. Well, at least I don’t have to write this on paper. iPads are pretty awesome and useful, or at least for me.

For one thing, they fair pretty well as a resource for research, doing schoolwork, or organizing all your files and games like Super Stickman Golf 2. It’s much easier to look up what you need for that Texas History paper on an iPad, than to take out that lumbering textbook and flip through it. It’s also pretty easy to keep everything organized in places like Google Drive, since one section of my binder is a catastrophic paper mess. For me, it’s also easier to type everything rather than painstakingly write it out on a piece of paper. The only downside to this is the hard-to-work-with and glitchy textboxes in DocAS.

The second and just as important reason is that it’s a great tool for entertainment. You can play such “classics” like Minecraft, Plague Inc., Super Stickman Golf 2, or something really dumb(but entertaining) like Flappy Bird or Ironpants(which is essentially Flappy Bird on performance-enhancing and hallucinogenic drugs). What? Oh, sorry about that. Anyways, when you’re done with all your schoolwork, nothing beats playing a little game on your iPad, provided that you don’t get too distracted by it.

While iPads can be a major distraction for some people, for me they have been great in keeping me organized, able to do my work and research, and entertained.

Now it’s time to hope that iOS 8 can remedy the catastrophic fail that was iOS 7.